View Single Post
Old 11th May 2011, 03:49 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
Let's look at it this way: we get a different version of that movie. Arrow will certainly have specific reasons for releasing this edition.
As far as I understand it (and please someone correct me/point me to the thread where I think I read this) but when Arrow acquire the rights to release a film they are unable to see what they've got to work with until the deal has gone through. Fairly certain Almar can clear this up if he sees this!

Quote:
and as Argento isn't going to take legal measures concerning this release it shouldn't be that bad.
And again, correct me if I'm wrong but that would be out of Argento's hands surely?

I agree with people who say it's a shame for Arrow though as it's clearly dividing people and it's really out of Arrow's grasp to do much about it. While I rarely judge transfers/releases by screengrabs I do think the viewfinder screenshot is pretty damning and has a negative impact on the way the shot looks. I'll reserve full judgement until I see the film in full this way though (I probably will buy this in the end mainly for the extras, artwork, poster and booklet but since I already own the BU blu I'm in no hurry to get it)

Last edited by PaulD; 11th May 2011 at 04:02 PM.