Thread: Halloween Films
View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2008, 12:12 AM
Seasoned Cultist
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipco View Post
Its obvious your a hardcore Halloween fan Hal, but what do you make of its biggest rival, Fri 13th and its sequels.

Also whats your , and anyone elses , views on films like The Burning, Bay of Blood Rosemary's Killer, etc.?

Fav Carpender films are Assault on Precinct 13 and Ghosts for Mars as it was kinda similar.
Also liked the one set in a Church, that Alice Cooper had a cameo in, cant remember its name.
Was it 'Prince of Darkness'?

I'm a big fan of the Friday the 13th films vip's. The early ones in particular, the first four are my favourites out of the bunch. I much prefered them when Jason was alive (? ), he was much scarier, especially with that sack on his head. In the later films when he was a zombie he lost a lot of his edge and just became kind of a walking cliche. The fact that he seemed to be able to magically teleport anywhere killed a lot of potentialy suspenseful scenes. It was much more effective in parts 2 & 3 (in particular) when you could actually see him chasing after the characters, gradually getting closer IMO.

I'm also a huge fan of 'the Burning'. It's definatley up there with the best of them. It has a lot of sentimental value for me aswell as it was one of the first horror films I ever bought when I was younger.
I own 'Bay of Blood' but it's the cut version so I've never bothered to watch it, I've been meaning to get hold of an uncut copy so I can appreciate it in its entirety for quite some time. Is it any good? I've heard very mixed opinions on it.