Thread: Rituals (1977)
View Single Post
Old 14th May 2011, 10:09 AM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
ok... just got an e-mail to say my rituals order is cancelled, this bloody dvd is hard to get! Any suggestions?
I'd also second bdc's suggestion on Planet Axel - I've used them a bit and so far, they have been very good. I recently ordered Rituals from them, as well as The dead are alive (which I've just received ).

I'm stunned about Movietyme, but I'm not totally surprised - I remember the first time I used them; it took them 2 1/2 weeks to dispatch my Seven Samurai DVD. Their refusal to display stock and to refund the card is makes me less inclined to use them.

I was reading on another forum and the crazy thing about Code Red's Rituals is that it's not so much a hard disc to get in terms of stock (the second printing has apparently left CR with thousands of copies it cannot easily shift); it's just that the current retailers don't seem to order enough copies and when they do - they cannot sell them, leading them to send back the discs to CR. Amazon, it would appear, was not willing to order enough copies to justify them selling Rituals.

I wish they would sell direct from their website - easiest way to cut out the middleman, and then they'll know what sort of stock they need to press. Besides, I prefer buying direct from the company - Eureka/MoC is an example and they have terrific customer service.