View Single Post
Old 5th October 2008, 07:58 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween_22 View Post
Have you ever seen the uncut version of Nutbag btw? I've only seen the cut version, I just wondered how it fares up against MSP in terms of violence, sexual violence etc.
Oh there's quite a few scenes in MSP the BBFC wouldn't have liked.

Yes I have seen the cut version and the uncut version of Nutbag.

Well the main difference between Nutbag and Murder Set Pieces is that there are no rape scenes in the former and there are no scenes involving children.

Having said that NB contains some very exploitative scenes of sexual violence. To me this and MSP are just shoddy exploitation films made for the purpose of showing women being either tortured or raped. Nutbag has no chance of ever passing uncut.

Cuts to Nutbag
The BBFC removed violence from the opening scene showing a naked woman being slashed across the throat.

Also completely removed was the scene at 13m showing a naked woman (yes again) having her head shoved repeatedly into a bathtub. Might sound tame but the violence here was quite unbelievable. Actually there is a similar scene in MSP but which goes even further as the woman also has her throat cut. Just for the record this scene in MSP would not have passed.

Anyway back to Nutbag - ANother scene (at 25m) completely removed in the UK DVD shows a woman (yes naked) wearing a pigs mask. She is also bound. She is then stabbed in the lower region. Again this scene will never get through the BBFC. 3m scene.

I think the most distubing scene was at 63m. This is where a woman is tied to a tree, stripped and the stabbed again in the lower region. It's also a lengthy sequence. Again will never get through.

So there wasn't much left after the cuts. However they did leave in one particularly nasty scene at 41m which showed 2 very violent murders. And guess what the woman in this scene was clothed. So now you know why they didn't cut it. Anywhere there is sight of nudity in films like this cuts are likely.

Another thing I didn't like about NB was that it was all shot on camcorder. Bit like August Underground. A technique I just don't like.

Let us know, Hal, if you ever see it uncut. You won't be as shocked as I was though.