View Single Post
Old 19th May 2011, 08:50 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
Haha! She does love horror films but the gorier moments of Fulci and Argento really make her feel ill and so she's not a fan therefore having the house to myself is a good opportunity to watch such things.
Mine doesn't like the extreme gore side of things either, Paul. She'll watch quite a bit of horror, though; she's seen some Argento (Tenebrae and Bird with the Crystal Plumage), but I haven't introduced her to Fulci yet - although I suspect it wouldn't be her thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulD View Post
I'd have to say The Beyond too by a mile and then probably House By the Cemetery although City of the Living Dead is fantastic too. There's something about the direction in The Beyond which really makes it stand out higher than the other 2.
I agree that there is something about The Beyond which makes it stand out from the other two films. The atmosphere and suspense that is present throughout is also a testament to Fulci's skill as a director.

I wasn't that keen on City on my first couple of viewings, but it has grown on me over the years, and is actually now one of my favourite horror films.