View Single Post
Old 29th February 2008, 05:37 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

I'm "guilty" of double dipping a lot of genre faves, mostly those, which are also still banned in my home country, Germany.

Buying the likes of "Antro", "NYR", "Tenebrae" several times can sometimes feel like a "personal statement", "subversive act"...or simply a lack of common and financial sense

Anyway, as a collector, how could you say "no" to another lovely presented edition of your most frequently watched flicks - and the "NYR" cover by Shameless got me instantly .
A collection is so much more than just watching the flicks. Different cover sleeves, language options etc sometimes also prompt me to shell out 3x + for a title I like.

By the way: It's officially the 80's in Germany's censorship pollicy again as their "BPJM" just put the likes of "Hostel Part 2" (!) and "See No Evil" (!!!) in their already cut German DVD editions on the (B) list of the "Index of Restricted Movies", this (B) list is reserved for titles they deem worthy of a ban, which seems to be only a formality the way things are looking like right now.:
They obviously want to crack down the most recent wave of violent movies even before the mainstream has moved on to the next "big thing".
Scary times.....

Last edited by Peter Neal; 29th February 2008 at 05:43 PM.