View Single Post
Old 9th June 2011, 10:16 AM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAKA View Post
Apologies for returning to this, but it appears some points were misinterpreted.

No one is asking for this though, are they? If you read from the very start where we were asking if a blu-ray release was possible, I asked if the masters were up to it, or if it was a decision based on cost. One would hope Shameless wouldn't even entertain the option if the masters weren't good enough.

However, Deodato's Cannibal is being released on Blu-ray, and one would assume, looking at Cannibals budget, the fact House was made after, and the fact Deodato has said financing was easier for House, that there is certainly more potential of a better master being available. Of course, that is entirely theoretical.

Of course not, no one is claiming it is. It is however, the closest we have to the actual source itself. Which can have its negatives, but providing a good quality master, and transfer, its positives far outreach them.

It's entirely someone’s prerogative to see a film the way they want to see a film. Personally, I will never comprehend someone only wishing for something in SD. If you only want SD, you will never want to see this in the Cinema? It's crazy to me. But each to their own. I'm personally hoping for some kind of cinematic event from Shameless closer to release for this. Hint, Hint.

I'll also avoid returning to this topic in fear of it detracting from the actual release. But I will, if this is permissible, create a new topic/poll, perhaps after Cannibals HD release (Shameless will have a better idea of expectations for blu-ray releases), looking to drum up support and opinions on a blu-ray release, if that's okay, Sarah? As Nos said, I believe if the movie does pass uncut, and Shameless did decide to release a blu-ray, it would be a real coup. I'm sure I could drum up support from fans around various genre forums, and places like AVForums, which could hopefully be an indication to support, similar to what Arrow did prior to The Beyond's release.

All valid points 'BAKA', I love my Blu-Rays of 'Blade Runner' and 'Planet Earth' vast improvements over SD, but imagine if Vipco or 23rd century brought out Blu-Rays at £28, no thanks. I stand by my point of the source being vital, crappy Blu or sublime dvd... No contest. What I mean is if everybody buys Blu regardless of source quality we can't complain, that's how capitalism works. Wonder how long it will be before punters tire of £28 a disc as well. I shall finish my rant with some well worn words of wisdom. "You can polish a turd all you want, but it's still just a turd". Bring on stunning pin sharp transfers in HD!!!