View Single Post
Old 9th June 2011, 08:57 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

As a lad my family were living in the U.S. in the mid 70s so I had access to the local channels horror double bills on the weekends. And one night a bizarre film called 'Conquerer Worm' came on, let me tell you this 14 year old horror junkie was glued to his small B/W telly. 'Witchfinder General' as it's properly known was a breath of fresh air compared to the usual monster mayhem. Felt quite sad when I read in 'Famous Monsters of Filmland' that he died young after a few movies. We lost someone very special with his passing. I have no doubt he would have ranked with the very best. Just soak up the atmos in 'Witchfinder General' It's more effective than most period shot films to this day. The Blu is a must (by the way, if you don't like it, may you be banished to the Cell Block H threads). Just think of him, Cushing and Lee ripping through a Hammer Gothic masterpiece. God, I would love to see that.

P.S. if you don't know 'Witchfinder' I posted some caps on 'bdc's 'Post your favorite film stills thread' so you can check it out. A great thread anyway so pop down see some great piccys.