View Single Post
Old 15th June 2011, 12:58 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda View Post
I've just finished watching A Blade in the Dark by Lamberto Bava.

Well, did I like it? The answer would be: to some extent.

I liked the gory killings, I liked the nasty score and I loved the whole first murder scene of Katia - with the chase in the beginning and the "disposal" afterwards. Some really creepy camera angles! The pre-credit scene is also top-notch.

However, I disliked the main actor. In my eyes, the word "dull" is an euphemism for Andrea Occhipinti's acting qualities (I have to rewatch The New York Ripper to find out if he's always like that) - he's a living sleeping pill in this flick. I also disliked the pace of the movie. There's nothing to say against a mixture of scary scenes and fillers in between - but in this movie, for much too long nothing happens at all. I'd say that you could easily cut out about 20 minutes without negative effects on the movie.

As to Bruno's girlfriend: she's kinda cute, but a real nag. I would have supported any action in the style of . So you can imagine my face during her "final" scene.

Altogether, it's a movie that you can watch - it's no waste of money, it has its qualities. Let's put it this way: I was not amazed, but I was satisfied.

Greetings!
That's a fair summation of A Blade in the Dark I think. The reason it seems to drag is that it was oiginally intended as a four part mini-series with a death at the end of each half-hour episode. You could easily shave off about half an hour from it to up the pacing I think.