View Single Post
Old 3rd March 2008, 03:35 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Unhappy Chance of potential love ruined!

Hi Guys .... It's great to join the forum

I used to catch the same bus into town every day for years. It was a long journey (about 1 hour each way) and of course, one would get very tired .. and potential nod off to sleep ... more of that later.

There was this young lady who used to get on the bus as few stops after I had joined it. I found her incredibly attractive and as the weeks and months passed by, I thought I would talk to her and hopefully get to know her a little better and if possible ask her out. It got to a stage where we would smile at each other when she got on, which gave me a little more confidence to pluck courage up to speak to her. Anyway, this one particular Monday morning arrived and the bus had filled up quite quickly. I managed to get a seat next to the window, but I was shattered because I had spent the weekend on the tiles so to speak. It was only the strong morning coffee that was keeping me awake! The bus eventually reached the girl's stop and she got on as normal - I hadn't noticed but the only seat left was the one beside me which she sat in smiled at me and said "hi", to which I garbled "hi" back in some nervous manner. Anyway, I was thinking what I could say to her to break the ice, but by now the effects of the caffeine were wearing off and it wasn't long before I slipped into a slumber. The next thing I knew we were at the terminus and the bus was emptying quickly. Some guy behind me tapped me on the shoulder and said "hey mate, we are in town, you had better wake up and get off" to which I thanked him. Upon walking down the bus, some old lady said to me "your friend, the girl; she got off first. I gave her my hanky because you had fallen asleep with your head on her shoulder and were slavvering all down her. She said she didn't want to wake you!"

Unsurprisingly, I caught and earlier bus in future and hoped the girl wouldn't get on!