View Single Post
Old 19th June 2011, 01:55 PM
Cultist

What's not to love about Prisoner? The show shows strong female women in power struggles, kicking the sh*t out of each other. Has scenes that you will never forget and no other show has made such an impact on me. For example when Bea shoots Nola..I was about 11 years old and couldn't sleep after seeing it..and could not watch the scene again until many years later (sad I know)..the same with the David Bridges story..I actually had to close my eyes when we saw the climax to the story! I also love the high-camp value mixed with strong acting..every aspect I love..from the occasional wall wobble to violent and sick scenes..which in my opinion can still hold up today..You rarely see hangings of people on TV nowadays..or someone opening up someone's cuts with a razor blade! I have also now managed to meet 12 of the cast and these memories will stay with me forever and Chrissie is my favourite character..the tart with a heart!
edit: oh and I also make various compilation videos for youtube which take me DAYS!..just for the love of the show..for example
YouTube - ‪Prisoner Cell Block H - Chrissie Latham's best bits‬‏