View Single Post
Old 21st June 2011, 04:42 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
I'm not used to seeing the RRP much higher than the price for which the item is being sold it seems utterly bizarre to charge more than both the RRP and the Dealer Listing Price (DLP).

I know people can charge what they want for a given item, but the prices people quote from their visits to an HMV store seem completely preposterous and more fool anyone who pays well over the odds.
There are people who will shell out over the odds to have something there and then. There are of course people with more money than sense too. Like I said before, I think it's detrimental in the long run because a lot of people will think they're taking the mickey and not buy full price back catalogue products from them at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oaxaca View Post
If HMV only sold blu rays I imagine they would have gone out of existance a long time ago. I can only imagine they sell music albums etc at reasonable prices to attract its customers. Been a long time since I bought one so have no idea
Apparently music is a small part of their business now - DVD is the driving force and the reason why music sections have shrunk in the stores.

Last edited by Nosferatu@Cult Labs; 21st June 2011 at 05:14 PM. Reason: Merged: two posts in as many minutes