View Single Post
Old 26th June 2011, 08:11 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Mine came yesterday. When I started watching it I was quite aghast at the picture quality - the grainyness of it did look really fake and was like watching it through a snowstorm filter. Also, while I acknowledge the film was shot to be quite bright, it seemed overbearingly so at times and looked awful.

So I changed the tv setting on my tv from 'dynamic' to 'movie' and honestly, it looks superb! Not sure how it'll look on screens larger than 40''/projectors mind.

The only criticism I have is, as I mentioned in another thread, the Newman/Jones commentary goes out of sync a little towards the end in the scene where the assistant is strangled in the car. They talk about a couple of specific shots as they're happening (him drooling on the steering wheel/the axe being found in the tree) but we see them a little later. It does sync back up shortly after which seems odd, as if it's not a PAL speedup/pitch problem. Anyone else notice this?

Overall I think it's a great release , although this time yesterday I really didn't!