View Single Post
Old 22nd October 2008, 09:40 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angel View Post
Hal,

I thought it would be better if I posted my comments on SNUFF 102 over here.

I haven't seen MORDUM so I can't say how it compares with that but I can say that there is no way SNUFF 102 will ever be passed by the BBFC. This film really has to be seen to be believed. Up until now Murder Set Pieces has always been the number one nasty for me but this film goes way beyond that. On the surface it's about a journalist investigating snuff films, however the BBFC are not idiots, they will know only too well what the real purpose of a film like this is. Filmed partly in black and white, perhaps to give it an arty look. Well the film is anything but art. I'm pretty sure if the BBFC were to pass this that almost all the torture scenes would have to be removed, and in this film they are very lengthy indeed. They all involve psychically restrained women which is something the BBFC won't like. They are also sexual. It perhaps wouldn't be a good idea to go into too much detail regarding some of the torture here but it is filmed in a horribly grotesque manner and in unflinching, lingering detail. The lengthy torture scene of a heavily pregnant woman is quite unwatchable.

I have no doubt that this film would be in serious breach of the OPA.

The film also contains scenes of unsimulated animal cruelty.

There was some controversy about the film when it opened in SPAIN. There were accusations that some of the footage was real. OK we've heard all this before, but there's no doubt in my opinion some of the footage was genuine. The lengthy torture of the 3 women mentioned above was faked but what about the scenes where the actress is looking through her computer, viewing some very disturbing images. Some of these scenes must have been for real. I wonder where the director got this footage from. It's unbelievably sick where ever they came from. The vomiting scene was the bit which I hated the most even though it only lasted a few seconds.

So again this film would be rejected here without hesitation if somebody was daft enough to consider ever submitting it.
This also raises the question of 'how far is too far?' How extreme is too extreme? It's a tricky question with a myriad of possible responses.