View Single Post
Old 30th June 2011, 04:33 PM
Moderator Alumni
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload View Post
I suppose that those writing pre-release reviews are either driven by passion or hatred. There are those that love certain films and I suppose they like seeing their name affiliated with them somehow, if only writing a review on Amazon. There are those of course who will seize every opportunity to have a dig, for whatever reason.

There are plenty from both camps online, but I do believe that there's definitely more of a leaning towards the negative in many of the places I find myself, not least the message boards on IMDb which is probably the worst example I can think of. It never ceases to amaze me how many person-specific threads on IMDb are started because someone wants to know a celebrities religion, sexuality or whether or not they smoke. It's hilarious! If you're a gay Jew with a liking for cigars or a Muslim lesbian with a 20-a-day habit, your name will be mud over there. The interest in these things is beyond obsessive and if I were one of the people that was the subject of such discussions I'd be more than a little unhinged
I've never ventured onto the IMDB message boards, but have heard numerous times, and from various people, that they are awful.