View Single Post
Old 2nd July 2011, 01:19 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Although I dislike Forrest Gump with a passion, I wouldn't say it's one of the absolutely worst films of all time and I like Point Break The Lost Boys and most of The Terminal. They're not the greatest films of all time, neither are they the worst films of all time either.

This brings me back to the question I posed earlier: are these films you personally dislike or ones which are badly made in every aspect of the filmmaking process?
To be fair, I wouldn't call the awful Forrest Gump one of the worst films ever either. I wouldn't even refer to The Terminal that way. They are duffers (to me) but not the absolute worst.

When asked for "the worst films" I think of films I have disliked not necessarily technically bad films. Technically bad films (as we all know on here!) can be enjoyable. For example, I would rather watch the dreadfully made Pieces or the utterly inept Ratman than the skilled but dreary or unpleasant likes of The Lost Boys or Signs or, yes, Highlander.

A film with the staff and budget of Signs that ends up that awful is a travesty far in excess of the likes of Manos or Mesa Of Lost Women, which at least bring me pleasure.