View Single Post
Old 7th July 2011, 06:25 AM
Cultist in Training

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
Prior to writing this piece I spent a couple of hours reading various online forums frequented by audiophiles, and was disheartened – You’ll never hear anyone say that they just listened a Stevie Wonder track that made their heart leap, or a Flying Burrito Brothers record that made them cry, or a Pixies track that inspired them to leap around the room like a freshly-shorn goat, bashing into the furniture and knocking over plants. And that’s a real tragedy, because those reactions are what music is really about: its ability to stir the soul and move the feet.
People don’t need to learn how to listen: they need to learn how to relax.
edited quote ^^
Not to go off topic but I just had to reply to this. If you never hear anyone expressing emotions or indeed acting out those emotions about music then you're not hanging out with the right music lovers. ; ) True, people might spend a bit too much time online obsessing about audio fidelity or how expensive their speakers are but at the end of the day, You'd have a hard time stopping me from rolling about on the floor like a loon anytime "Surfa Rosa" or "Doolittle" by The Pixies came on or cry my eyes out after 3 ciders to Holst's "The Planets" and I'd proclaim it on any message board without fear of derision.

Regarding Tenebrae, I'm not usually swayed by reviews and do like to make up my own mind but when I'm on a budget these days, such a large response to this particular print's quality is a slight concern. My next purchase is definitely Arrow's "Phenomena" Blu which looks great, it's one of my favourite Argento's and already owning 3 DVD's of "Tenebrae", with some of the sound and grain issues on this release already highlighted, I don't think it will be immediate priority.
I was over the moon with Arrow's "City" and "Inferno" Blu's and have been excitedly showing them off to anyone who dares come round, I don't quite get the complaints about "City", I think it looks lush (apart from the fact I can't view the extra's on my NTSC player) and is a marvelous upgrade, as is Inferno. I do want to get "The Beyond" too but am I correct in thinking that a large number of discs with the faulty Black and White Prologue are still in circulation for sale? Should I wait a bit longer? I really just want to get a corrected version first time and don't want to take pot luck with this one.
Sorry for jumping around topic here.