View Single Post
Old 8th July 2011, 11:30 PM
Cult Rookie

Hi all..

Just a quick post to introduce myself to this forum...

I am Simon from Wales, I have been a massive fan of Prisoner since I first saw it in 88/89. My local ITV station was HTV and we were lucky enough to get the whole 692 episodes screened here. I got involved with the original fan club in 1989 aqnd attended various events including a 24hr sponsored Prisoner watch in Coventry (attended by Val Lehman), Maggie Kirkpatrick's fairwell party in London in 92 where I met the lady along with her guests Annie Phelan (Myra), Nigel Bradshaw (Dennis), Sally Anne Bourne (Kay Desmond), Barbara Jungwirth (Lorna Young) and Anne-Maree McDonald (Rosie Hudson).

I also attended the petition outside Central Television in Birmingham in 91 to demand that the channel re-screen Prisoner after they broadcast the final episode that very night. The fan club organised a big party at the Institue Nightclub where we watched the final episode on a giant screen as it was broadcast live on central television with Val, Judie McBurney and Fiona Spence all in attendance.

I was also invloved with the fanzine 'Blockade' with a page called 'Simon Says' which was me! I also own the set of keys used by The Freak in the show which are one of my favourite bits of memorabilia.

I was a big poster over at the original OTI forum, The Wentworth Forum and also PrisonerFanForum and I hope to contribute here much more as well.

Anyway, lots more to babble on about re my Prisoner adventures but I don't want to bore you all, haha.

Si

Last edited by simey; 9th July 2011 at 10:11 PM.