View Single Post
Old 9th July 2011, 09:40 AM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by drees5761 View Post
Beware of Bangkok Knockout, its a terrible film, the fights are amazing but the acting and story appalling, its like watching a show-reel for the stuntmen and it gets boring after 10 minutes.
Detective Dee was enjoyable, just watched the BD last night, definitely a return to form for Tsui Hark, the only criticism is a bit too much CGI in the action department but well worth a watch.
Cheers for the heads up regarding BK and i may grab Optimum's edition when it's a bit cheaper then. I confess i'm always more interested in action than words where these Eastern efforts are concerned but i'll certainly take heed of your advice.

I do fancy catching DDATMOTPF but once again when said title comes down in price. I tend not to pay top dollar for Cine Asia's range as the relevant releases usually reduce in cost as time goes by. I also intend snapping up Woochi: The Demon Slayer and Shaolin sometime down the line too.

Just recently grabbed Ip Man 2 for a nice price and i wasn't expecting this fightfest to be so cheap so soon but got a pleasant surprise proving otherwise. Force Of Five was also a suitably pocket-friendly purchase for yours truly too.

Last edited by Splatterdragon73; 9th July 2011 at 11:59 AM.