View Single Post
Old 22nd July 2011, 07:07 PM
Cult Rookie

Default I'm happy with the transfer

First of all, I'm not an Arrow fanboy and I only buy import releases not available in the States. Overall, the transfer is average with some nice HD pop and it blows away my Anchor Bay DVD. I like the intro scene when he rides his bike to the airport and meets his driver. Another scene that looks amazing is when Peter and the jail bait plumber are bent over inspecting the kitchen sink pipes. The downside, there are issues with the dancing, sandstorm grain. Particularly, the scene in the morgue where the white walls are out of control and the beach scene. Another issue is the crackling sound during the Louma crane scene. During this scene i grab my remote and switch to the Italian track which sounds amazing.

Anyways, I'm quite happy with the picture on my 46" Samsung LED/LCD. Typically, for all old catalog releases from Arrow and Blue Underground I'll set the picture mode to 'movie' and I always have sharpness set to 0. Let me state, that at 3 feet the picture is unbearable due to the grain or noise, however at 10 ft away it blends in beautifully most of the time.

I was considering the French Wildside release because of all the glowing recommendations, however the FORCED subtitles and special features in french are a no sale. Also, the Arrow package is incredible and was under $20 shipped.
The Arrow blu is fine until Anchor Bay releases a domestic release. I've already watched Tenebrae in glorious HD 5 times which I feel was a good investment.

Keep up the good work from a loyal USA fan. By the way, the only Arrow releases I own are The Beyond and Phenomena which look amazing. I will continue to support Arrow and I plan to buy The Funhouse Blu and I'm crossing my fingers for Dellamorte Dellamore on Blu.

Any news on a future Arrow Dellamorte Dellamore release? I would consider the Italian blu but the 25GB disc size and price is holding me back.

It's also a shame that in the UK there is no official Wicker Man ('73) release.