View Single Post
Old 26th July 2011, 10:08 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Location: Somewhere no one has ever heard off. Lucky beggars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
Yeah, collectible music is more my thing as well.to be honest! Rare Deftones, Boris, Pelican, Isis and The Cure vinyl, those massive Pearl Jam box sets, rare CD's including a first pressing Prince 'Black Album' and a Far CD limited to 100 copies!
Yeah, I've got some Isis stuff on vinyl; also stuff by QOTSA, The Sword, Orange Goblin, Unida, and so forth. You could easily spend a small fortune tracking down all the different pressings/coloured vinyl etc. I also have a big collection of Soul and Funk LPs. Some of those can be really hard to track down, although a few UK companies have started popping up reissuing obscure stuff on remastered CD with fancy packaging, much like what Arrow and Shameless are doing with movies! The prices I've seen people paying for rare Northern Soul singles is eye watering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Make Them Die Slowly View Post
Books are the things I go for in the rare/collectable field, mainly occult stuff with limited runs. I've got a couple of books that I paid 50 quid for new that are going for over £500 these days. I've also got a very collectable book written by Nick Blinko, singer with Rudimentary Peni, the book was originally hand written on postcards and has a print run matching the number of postcards taken to write the book. You also get one of the hand written postcards and a one track cd with the book. The best buy I have though must be a book about occult music in England: £35 new but I've seen it on Amazon for just under a grand!
Funnily enough I saw some occult books on ebay a while back - they were very expensive!