View Single Post
Old 1st August 2011, 03:39 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

To be fair, Angel is simply pointing out the reality of how things are at the BBFC at this moment in time. To be honest, things have progressed by an incredible amount over the last ten years and, for the most part, I'm happy with how the BBFC conduct their business. I still think that censoring films or banning them is a fruitless exercise, considering what can be accessed at the click of a mouse on the internet.

But, overall, I think they do a good job. I still get niggled by silly decisions though, like the idiotic cuts to Tombs of the Blind Dead. Okay, so it was sexual violence (well, it's not very sexy nor violent ), but it was still a stupid bit of censorship IMO.

I'm never going to get behind the idea that censoring fictional works is a good idea. Admittedly, a lot of what we watch is in very bad taste - but since when did bad taste ever harm anyone? I find most exploitation films rather amusing purely for their crassness and the fact that they made films as if censorship didn't exist. It's jaw-dropping political incorrectness, which makes me laugh. Or maybe I'm just not right in the head.