View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2011, 12:20 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

I've now heard back from Arrow and everything they are able to tell me is below.

Arrow no longer have any discs left for the replacement program at all so it has, indeed, ended earlier than the original date of 1 September. Arrow can only apologise for this. As I said in the other thread, there was a last minute surge of people when the end of the program was announced and their supply of discs ran out faster than anticipated, even when they made some extra ones available.

The corrected version has been with retailers for months however there are still some rogue b&w copies out there and this is beyond Arrow's control. They can't recall the stock as, unfortunately, there is no way to tell the difference between the b&w stock and the corrected stock. At any rate, product recalls are usually reserved for dangerous products, not films.

If you purchase a copy and discover it is the b&w stock, it is at your chosen retailer's discretion whether they exchange it or not and will be in line with their own returns policy. Again, this is something that is outside of Arrow's control and so it may be worth checking with your retailer before you purchase, what their stance on this is.

Again, Arrow is very sorry they have run out of stock for the replacement program earlier than anticipated but it could not be helped and it's not something they could keep running indefinitely.