View Single Post
Old 7th August 2011, 06:40 AM
Cult Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirarts View Post
As i've said elswhere, blu-ray is a new format, and mistakes will happen. I would class bwtcp as a worse release than tenebrae, not arrows fault at all but storaros. Tenebrae has issues but it dosent look a whole lot worse than the vaunted french wild side release. The weirdest one is Bay of blood, from the screen caps the arrow release does indeed look like it lacks the vivid colors of the dvd, but then I watched the film and the screen caps didn't represent the quality of the film at all.

This, along with the great reviews for maniac, a film I felt didn't benefit from blu-ray at all has made me seriously question some of these comparison sites.
100% agree, I couldn't care less about the comparison sites. The screens of Tenebre look much worse than in motion that's true but having both discs I must say the Wild Side looks far better in my eyes...then again it comes down to ones personal taste. I remember looking for a Phenomena DVD years ago and checked screens, I actually went to buy the one that fared the worst according to the "experts" as I thought the screens looked by far better than he wanted to make us believe.

I skip BWTCP as I despise a wrong ratio on any medium, so I stay with the US disc, I know this is not Arrows fault and I feel sorry that they got all the blame when it comes down to Storaro. Bay OF Blood looks good to me actually and the screens don't even come near the looks of the Blu Ray in motion.

Sometimes I wonder if some "experts" tamper with the screens to please their favourites?