View Single Post
Old 8th August 2011, 12:38 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Watched recently -

Nightmares - Really looked forward to this but i ultimately found it quite average. But for two decent kills the film seemed fairly bloodless and the scenes inbetween especially at the theatre i found dull. The incidental music borrowed heavily from Friday the 13th.

Chloe - Remake of an excellent french thriller called Nathalie. Julianne Moore stars as a wife who believes her husband Liam Neeson is having one night stands behind her back. She meets up with a call girl (Amanda Seyfried) and pays her to seduce her husband as proof.

Whilst all the performances were good and Atom Egoyan's direction spot on, the film lacked the erotic tension of the original , even Moore and Seyfried's sex scene.

Giallo - Dario Argento's latest film. Of course its rubbish, how can it not be? Why can't Dario just remake Deep Red and Suspiria for hs entire career then we would be happy. The music is terrible, where's Goblin ?.

Actually no, thats what the rest of the world thinks. I really enjoyed Giallo. It had fabulous Rome settings, lovely gory effects from Sergio Stivaletti and a pacey story. Adrien Brody played the part of the investigating inspector with a melancholic sadness and was perfect for the role. The story itself had less twists than Argento's earlier masterpieces which clearly helped with the pacing. The music courtesy of Marco Werba was superb and added greatly to the movie.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 51PltCHx-kL._SL500_AA300_.jpg (25.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 51BekagoAxL._SL500_AA300_.jpg (20.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 51CnhY+g-oL._SL500_AA300_.jpg (23.6 KB, 0 views)