View Single Post
Old 12th August 2011, 08:07 PM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

ID - one of the better Football Hooligan films in my opinion, even if the descent from ambitious cop to hardened hooligan is all a bit too sudden. A great scene-chewing performance from Sean Pertwee helps too!

Violent Naples - another great crime film from Lenzi, which even features a bit of trademark gore! This is definitely up there with Almost Human, although it doesn't quite scale the heights of The Cynic, The Rat and the Fist. The version on the Mafia Kingpin Collection is actually very watchable indeed and for anyone with an interest in Italian Crime films, the collection is a must at the price it goes for on Amazon.

Redneck - Definitely the other end of the spectrum in terms of Italian Crime, it took all my willpower to stop me turning this one off. WIth the involvment of Telly Savalas and Franco Nero, I was expecting great things from this but it was a bit of a snoozefest and the paternal relationship between the Franco Nero character and the hostage is all a bit unbelievable and cringeworthy. To make matters worse, the DVD was poor quality and I could hardly make out the night scenes (which were plentiful).