View Single Post
Old 10th March 2008, 11:47 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by reaper72 View Post
Vipco,you're not aka GATTACA on other forums are you?
No Reaper, im vipco on all forums i've joined, Shamless , DA's Realm of Horror and a few gaming forums , mainly Codemasters. Also vipco on PSN. Sorry mate.
Who's GATTACA.?

I see what you mean about VIPCO collectors on other horror forums , were not treated to well which is why I mainly read them only and not join.
With VIPCO now gone I thought that i'd see very little of my type of horror in UK stores so im glad to find a decent company like Shamless I can give my support to.
I started collecting VIPCO titles when they re released Zombie Flesh Eaters, Bogeyman etc on their 'Cult Classics' VHS collection back in the early 90s and followed them through the DVD releases till they closed. I think losing the dvd rights to Zombie Flesh Eaters to Stonevision hurt them bad. Though they still managed to put some IMO rare classic films out.
Nice to meet a fellow VIPCO fan. Reaper.

I think Island of Death would still suffer cuts today because of the films reputation as it was submitted to the bbfc heavily cut by another company in the 90s under a different name and refused a cert. I think VIPCO were lucky getting it passed in its current version , but today it would be passed slightly more complete . Though I think those who want it uncut will have it , so I wouldn't see much point in a re release, and the VIPCO version IMO is still worth picking up.
Another good one was Blood Camp Thatcher, aka Turkey Shoot.

Last edited by vipco; 11th March 2008 at 12:17 AM.