View Single Post
Old 19th August 2011, 11:49 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slippery Jack View Post

A Boy and his Dog
Screams ‘cult gem!’ – a young Don Johnson and his talking dog hunt for laydees in a post-apocalyptic world! All the stuff with the boy and his dog works really well, one of the better talking mutts I’ve come across. In the second half, the film goes underground to a utopian society, run as a creepy retro Americana world by Jason Robards. Thought the film fell down a bit during this section, partly because the boy/dog relationship is lost, partly because the utopian world is annoyingly underdeveloped. For some reason, everyone wears whiteface makeup – thought initially it was meant to be an effect of lack of sunlight, but it looks so blatantly like caked-on face paint. There’s also a typically dystopian bit of brutal population control, but none of it really carries much impact, occurring to characters we haven’t been introduced to. But after that when the boy and his dog are reunited, there is one of the best anti-cliché endings I’ve ever seen! Had to rewind to make sure what I thought had happened had actually happened.
This is the greatest movie ever made and I want a blu-ray with 16 hours worth of extra's.