View Single Post
Old 22nd September 2011, 06:02 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Morton View Post
You stated the Blue Underground was cut and I replied
members can always research otherwise, I have said this in the past and given info (correct) to them about dvds
there are so many versions out there of films
just because of this fact at dvdcompare and you're going on....
You just got the wrong end of the stick with my post. The wink icon should have told you something.

Plato whose post i was replying to will have got it.

My info came from other posts on other forums. For example -

"I would highly recommend to anyone who wants to see just how much the mood and character of a film can be changed by an export version to see the original Spanish version of this film, BESAME, MONSTRUO (1967). It's the "covered version" but not disappointing since there isn't that much nudity in KISS ME, MONSTER in any case. This version has a different, and preferable [to me, at least], Fernando Garcia Morcillo musical score, is 6m longer and has some interesting experimental lighting/transitional/staging effects dropped from KMM. In some cases the export version has lines of dialogue dubbed into moments in the film which had no dialogue at all in the Spanish version!

Most importantly, KMM has much footage from other unrelated, non Jess Franco films edited into it: the car chase under the opening credits, the Jazz concert segment, shots of aircraft taking off and landing, footage from Franco's SADISTERORICA (1967), just to cite the most obvious cases. This was obviously done to make it sexier, faster paced, broader in humor (I think it's just sillier) and more acceptable to American tastes. All these inserts do not appear in BM and it's still 6m longer!

BESAME MONSTRUO is a more eccentric, stranger, colloquial, Francoesque film. It's more "Spanish" in the sense that it prefers a kind of deadpan verbal satire to the broader wise cracks of the English version (Franco's wise cracks tend to comment on themselves and the genre itself).

The version I have has an odd inset of a small car in the upper right hand corner of the letterboxed frame indicating either a Spanish TV broadcast or obscure Spanish video source.

The Spanish version of the companion 1967 "Red Lips" feature, TWO UNDERCOVER ANGELS, is also totally different from the more familiar export version."