View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2011, 12:27 AM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

The Evil Dead and Ash are one entity in my eyes, you can't separate them. Can't have one without the other. But that's because the original trilogy is what's foremost in my mind. So it'll be hard to judge any remake without preconceptions. I'll do my best to keep an open mind, but it still seems all a bit pointless to me. Most remakes have committed the sin of not bringing anything new to the table and being too dull and unimaginative considering the FX wizardry available these days compared to when the originals were filmed. I've no objection to remakes in principle, but do something new. Update the stories and concepts. Not only do Hollywood seem fixated on remaking everything, but doing so in the most boring way possible. Be creative, expand on the concepts, use modern technology to do the things the original filmmakers couldn't do. Jeez, is it really that hard to be creative and original, even if doing a remake? The Hills Have Eyes remake had the right idea. If only all remakes were that good...