View Single Post
Old 24th September 2011, 02:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedromonkey View Post
watched a few films over the last 2 days...

Dark Of The Sun: OMG why haven't Warners given this a proper bloody release, brilliant film, pretty violent for the time it was made with a great don't give a **** performance from Rod Taylor with support from Big Jim Brown and the ever watchable Kenneth Moore, my only problem, the version i watched was chopped to bits towards the end and became quite Jarring, Brilliant Jaques Loussier Score and Jack Cardiff fantastic direction looks like he channelled Robert Aldrich. Anyways, a fantastic old school action film...

Satan's Baby Doll: utter trash, just rubbish. didn't find anything remotely enjoyable about this, the reinserted scenes that shameless put back in add nothing and due to the quality of the scenes really doesn't mix well with the pretty good remaster of the film. Not one of Shameless' best.

The Bird With The Crystal Plumage: Argento's debut, a wonderfully envisioned exercise in tension and Hitchcockian asthetics. Good central performance from Tony Mussante, a very under used Suzy Kendall and some truly atmospheric scenes. To be honest the film kept me guessing about who the killer was, much like the first Scream film did. Is the aspect ration on the Arrow blu wrong because the film looked a little stretched. Anywhoo, bloody good film.
DARK OF THE SUN got shown on tv years ago and got complaints about racism, well in the tv listings anyway(isn't it the one with a racist baddie, and Rod Taylor kills him in bloody but censored way at the end?) But yeah I'd like to see it uncut. If that's the one anyway.