View Single Post
Old 6th December 2008, 08:53 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
What was cut from Chato's Land? I'm guessing the rape and snake killing were both trimmed....
ITV 4 first showed Chato's Land uncut.I only saw the sequence where Victor French has his horse shot from under him (the last BBFC cut for animal cruelty in the film).However complaints were obviously made & the film was cut as the DVD in later screenings.Ulzana's Raid is excessively cut on the channel removing violence cut from the theatrical version (restored to video/dvd) as well as several horse sidefalls not considered cruel by the BBFC.During the ambush at the end the ITV 4 screening even cut the footage of Lancaster shooting the horses pulling the wagon dead though the BBFC have never cut this or an earlier scene,where a woman & her son are ambushed by Ulzana & one of their horses pulling their wagon is shot dead.The snake killing in CL has never suffered cuts.The PG rated US dvd is very similar to the censored 18 classified Warner tape though the horsefalls are intact.However the rape scene is an alternate softer 'clothed' version eliminating the nudity.The US dvd also loses a C-U of a bullet wound in Ralph Waites hand.I'm surprised this grim film was not left intact & released uncut with an 'R' in the states,as it's still not really suitable for kids in its PG version IMHO.