View Single Post
Old 2nd October 2011, 08:11 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
Right, stop right there. I didn't aim anything at you personally and there was certainly no hostility involved whatsoever. My point, in a vague kind of way, is that I'm a bit sick of the way horror fans are portrayed. I'm probably not being very articulate, but I don't want to be perceived as some sad geek just because I enjoy trashy films. And yes, I do admit that they're trashy for the most part, with obvious exceptions. People have this idea that horror fans are goths who listen to hard rock/metal all day and are a just a little bit weird. I'd like to get away from that kind of stereotypical image, that's all I'm really trying to say. And I did say that it was just a very minor quibble, certainly nothing I'd lose sleep over. I also admitted that Arrow obviously know what they're doing when marketing these films, so I hold my hands up and say I'm probably off the mark here. But as someone who lived through the video nasties scare, I remember how horror fans were branded as sick and disgusting by the press and TV broadcasters for enjoying this 'filth'. Horror fans were treated as enemies of the state, just ask anyone who was raided and had their films confiscated. Don't forget, these films were once illagal to trade in and if caught doing so you could be imprisoned.
I'm gonna apologies to both you and Calum if my posts came across in a 'arsey' manner. The written word, especially in an internet forum can often lack the politeness that was intended.

I totally see where you are coming from, and we are actually on the same side, just looking at a large topic from different angles.