View Single Post
Old 7th October 2011, 02:54 PM
Cult Addict
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
I left a comment after reading that review. I called him a liar, which he is. To say the BD looks like a worn VHS is a complete lie and so renders his whole review worthless. And I've told him so. Told him if anything was shit, it's his review. Bet he won't be happy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daemonia View Post
It's not about criticising him for having an opinion, it's the way he expressed that opinion that pissed me off.

For instance, he hints at the fact that there must be something wrong with people who are fans of the movie:

You see he's not just attacking the film, he's attacking those that have respect for the film. That's far off his remit as a reviewer. To suggest that there's something 'wrong' with 'fans' of the film is insulting and unnecessary.

He also says this:

Now, you see, he's just outright lying. What he's doing is manipulating his privilege of being a 'reviewer' and encouraging people not to buy the Blu-ray. This is harmful to Shameless as a business. If what he said was true, I could be more forgiving, but he's simply lying in an effort to cause lost sales for Shameless. I wasn't going to let that stand. It's one thing to have an opinion, it's quite another to tell a pack of lies in order to validate that viewpoint. Which is precisley what he does. Seriously, do you really believe that Shameless would put out a Blu-ray that looks worse than a VHS tape? Really? Do you? Because that's what Stu Cummins is saying in his review. Do you believe him? If you don't, that leaves only one option open. That he's telling a pack of lies. So which is it - truth or lies?

Oh, and a note to Shameless, if you supply this website with promo material for review, I'd suggest you stop doing that. They're obviously only going to cause harm to prospective sales and are incapable of being objective or truthful.

I've just read your last two posts on the subject and your comment on this poor creature's website - excellent!

Writing harsh (or even primitive) reviews is one thing - but telling lies about a release or a film is not acceptable!

Greetings!