View Single Post
Old 7th October 2011, 05:52 PM
Cultist

Day without a doubt.

I like the doom atmosphere. All the characters really do look like they've quickly been thrown together. There is nobody there who actually seems to like anyone else (apart from Steele and Rickles). They all seem to put-up with each other, but nobody would be anywhere near any of the others if they didn't have to. I even got the impression that Sarah doesn't particularly like Miguel. He's just there. Convenient.

The opening scene just shows the bleakness and pointlessness of it all perfectly. It's all quiet and empty one minute, the next it's crowded and it all looks even worse than when it was empty.

And then, there's Savini's effects. Groundbreaking then, and I have to say unmatched even 25 years later. Seeing those guts fall out of the chest on that first of Logan's zombies was, and still is, incredible.

The pinnacle of Romero's and Savini's careers.

Found Dawn a little too "Light" and not grim enough, although I love it.

And this'll probably get me banned from here, but I prefer Savini's remake of Night to the original.