View Single Post
Old 18th October 2011, 01:06 PM
Newsletter Moderator
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete View Post
I know how all this works and I understand Shameless are working on a tight budget (and yes, I'm fully aware that these aren't mainstream titles) but they weren't the only company affected by that fire and, assuming they had insurance, they would have been refunded for the loss. Many of the other companies affected have carried on and announced BD releases. Yes, some of these labels may be slightly bigger but some aren't and they've carried on.

I would have ordered a BD without hesitation but now I'll be ordering the Italian release instead. I rather they'd have just ****ed off HOUSE ON THE EDGE OF THE PARK and spent the money of giving us a great BD of a genuine classic.

I'm not having ago at you Sarah as I know you only post the info you're given, but it's just really frustrating.
Yes, other companies have been affected and actually most of them are significantly bigger than Shameless - which is literally two people - and so have had bigger budgets from the get-go.

Insurance isn't necessarily paying out too. Insurance companies take forever to pay out at the best of times and I don't know how/if this has affected Shameless but many insurers are refusing to pay out over the riots saying compensation should come from the police instead, claiming that they let the riots get out of hand therefore it's their job to pay out (it was on BBC News a few weeks back).

Plus, while they may have been refunded for the lost stock, they have still gone for weeks with virtually no stock in stores since Sony have to get back on their feet and reproduce everyone's (as in Shameless and all those other affected companies) destroyed stock and deliver it to retailers. Since a lot of people have been posting that they can't find various Shameless titles, we know that this is still ongoing. This means that for several weeks, sales have been down significantly.

I know you're not having a go and I appreciate your frustration but imagine how the guys at Shameless feel? You don't get a Blu-ray but this is their livelihood and it's simply not as black and white as people are trying to make out.