View Single Post
Old 18th October 2011, 10:55 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by platostotal View Post
Yeah, but don't Swedish customs dip imports in Reindeer droppings(sorry)

I can understand peeps wanting the film on Blu, but if the logic is don't bother releasing a DVD if it can be ordered from any of the four corners of the world, Shameless would release um... not many. I for one like the idea of Shamelees eyeing up a film they like the look of(OOP or non UK release in particular) and slapping a yellow cover on it and getting the film out to the masses. But Pete is correct that if an import knocks spots off the domestic issue and is reasonably similar in price the local issue will have trouble shifting.
Again, I'm not going to buy a title just because it's released by a certain label. I shouldn't feel obliged to either. Companies take a risk and that's their choice. They can't expect everyone to buy it.

I agree that it's great that this stuff is being made available in the UK but, as I said before, I'm not in a position to waste money on multiple editions. I want one edition and I want that one to be the best I can get. I'm not going to waste money just because of who is releasing it.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter