Thread: Mondo movies
View Single Post
Old 20th October 2011, 04:12 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 View Post
Indeed it is and by far the nastiest moment of the relevant release imo. R. Budd Dwyer's '87 caught-on-camera suicide is another piece of footage that burns itself onto your brain, believe me.

Yours truly went through something of a Mondo/'shockumentary' phase in the mid-‘90s with the Traces/Faces Of Death installments, the Death Scenes series (the book based on the first entry is an interesting read too.) and Shocking Africa all on the viewing menu among others. Nowadays however, i only really have the time for the aforementioned The Killing Of America. A dated effort but still endearing, enduring and entertaining.

Also, for some excellent reading material on the Mondo/'shockumentary' subject i recommend mid-'90s publication Killing For Culture by Davids Kerekes and Slater. A fine tome and well worth tracking down.
I've seen that footage of Bud Dwyer on another shockumentary called BANNED IN AMERICA and it's nasty.

Really want to read KILLING FOR CULTURE but can never find a reasonably priced copy.

Letterboxd | Youtube | Twitter