Thread: Resident Evil?
View Single Post
Old 24th October 2011, 10:52 AM
Cult Acolyte

Send a message via Skype™ to sawyer6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baseball Fury View Post
Here is my brief review of each title (I'm a huge fan of the series!)

Original releases for me (PS1/DC/GC/360)

Resident Evil: Cracking stuff, ropey dialogue, but that's all part of the charm 8/10
Resident Evil 2: Perfect in every way 10/10
Resident Evil 3: Great start, slightly meandering towards the end. Mercenaries was brilliant though. 7.5/10
Resident Evil – Code Veronica: A good game, slightly hard to get used to at first with the new 3D environments, but totally slays it near the end 8.5/10
Resident Evil 0: Take note RE5, this is how two characters should be done. Great, great story, but kinda doesn’t tie in with the first game. 8/10
Resident Evil 4: A great game, a departure from the series yes, but still excellent. And when you think it’s finished, there’s a whole new bit! 9/10
Resident Evil 5: Disappointing. Only really playable as online co-op, as Sheva is a huge hindrance throughout. More emphasis on a Gears style action experience 6/10

Alternate versions

Resident Evil (Saturn): Good battle mode, but let down with some ropey textures 7/10
Resident Evil: Directors Cut (PS1): Same great game, really good Master mode 8.5/10
Resident Evil (Gamecube): How do you improve a classic game? Completely rebuild it and make it new again. A stone cold classic that’s worth buying a Gamecube for 10/10.
Resident Evil 4 (Wii): Hard to get used to, but once mastered, it’s a thoroughly rewarding play through. Does feel a bit gimmicky though 8/10
Resident Evil 4 HD (360): It’s the same game, but it looks better! I like the adding of the Ada mode from the PS2 version (which I never played), so for me it’s an improvement! 9.5/10
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (PS2): To be honest, I can’t remember any difference at all, but I’m sure there was. Have to give the same score 8.5/10

Other games in the series

RE Survivor (PS1): If I remember rightly you couldn’t use the G-Con? Weird story, weird game. Kinda fun though, if a little cumbersome. 5/10

RE Outbreak (PS2): Removed the online play, ended up as a bit of a turd, with really awkward controls 3/10

Haven’t played any of the others, although I am trying to remedy that fact!
RE Survivor 2 was a travesty!,RE Dead Aim was decent,RE Outbreak 2 was a bit impooved than no1 but still hard to control,RE gaiden is the only title I didn't buy