Thread: Resident Evil?
View Single Post
Old 24th October 2011, 10:55 AM
Ex-Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombsy666 View Post
While the 1st res evil is alright, it stumbles next to the original Romero scripted draft, got a lend of this to read a while back & this would have been the ultimate version, a lot bigger & from what i remember closer to the original concept of the game,but this was never to be as the studios rejected this & vouched for what it was to become, not slagging this off but feel it could have had more depth if Romero got his way
The Romero script was for the first film not the game. The game was designed and made by Shinji Mikami who was inspired by Lucio Fulci's zombies, but disapointed with the zombi 2 film. He took great influence from Romero in terms of story and style.
As for the games themseleves, Res 1 was groundbreaking but throughout all of the incarnations I still think Res 2 just had that something. the version on N64 with little load times was my version of choice. Great music, great horror and a will smith lookalike.
As interesting is Mikami hasn't played Res5 and says he won't. I don't think he should either. Graphics are amazing but it just lacks the horror of the orginals and the better pace of Res4. Code Vernoica was also I great title, but I disliked the light gun games and the awful Outbreak. One title that gets over looked was the Nintendo DS Res1 Deadly Silence. It added a few interesting ideas to the classic. Resident Evil 1, and 4 are available on PS store, although I perfer the wii 4. I liked the gamecube remakes also.
I do think they are taking the franchise somewhere I don't like with 5 although that might change as the new 3DS title and PSP are both set in the orginal puzzle confinments. I like the way Silent Hill as always stuck to what it does best and not turned Rambo on us. Dead Rising is good although hard and the wii version worked much better with res4 controls and much more ammo.