View Single Post
Old 24th October 2011, 10:21 PM
Active Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr 420 View Post
I love satans slave, but I still have yet to see the full uncut version of it. Im referring to the notorious "scissors murder" of the blonde, which to my knowledge was only ever present in the old intervision pre-cert (here in the uk). I bought the box set a few years back on the strength of this scene being included in the extras, but alas, the bbfc still thought that it was too strong for our eyes.

Has anybody here seen it? Ive been told that it totally stands out from the rest of the film and it looks like something more akin to a Fulci scene rather than a Warren one.
When Rhino Video had the Crown catalog, they released an fullscreen version of the export version (the AB UK version is not cut so much as Warren's preferred version - the print had the scene in it but Warren inserted the softer version from another source). When BCI remastered the version for their 16:9 release, there print source was chopped up.

Scorpion Releasing is putting out new versions of SATAN'S SLAVE and TERROR (the AB UK version is the way to go for the extras, but it is a 16:9 reframing of a cropped source while the BCI transfer - which will probably be used for the Scorpion transfer - was a newer 16:9 transfer with better framing.