View Single Post
Old 26th October 2011, 11:18 AM
Cultist on the Rampage
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehamish View Post
wow. its marmite time i see. as with most modern horror films, a cine literate viewer has to have the ability to suspend disbelief. as i have two friends who say quite baldly that "horror doesnt scare me, as i know its not real" well DUH.
this is redundant as an arguement.
i personally loved Dark Water, the US remake however is an exercise in monotony which i only watched as ive always fancied Jennifer Connelly...

never again.

people who loved Insidious will love it regardless, people who think its toss will say so.
I get that attitude quite a bit at work, from people who's primary interest is football. I have a casual interest in the sport but I can't get excited about it as much as I do a genre picture. They often can't understand how I can be passionate about something that's "just a film" and not part of the "real world". I repress a lot of what I think about movies.

As for scary movies in general; I'd like to be scared more watching horrors but it's not to do with a lack of suspension of disbelief. Insidious was fun, but I did find the demon looked like something out of Kabuki theatre. It took me out of the picture. The lead up was pretty good and I enjoyed the movie.