View Single Post
Old 1st November 2011, 12:11 PM
Seasoned Cultist

About 20 years ago there were rumours going around my primary school that there were killer clowns that took children away in a blue van. I, having seen Killer Clowns from Outerspace....thought this was rubbish and didn't find it scary at all. As the days went past one of my friends tells us that he has seen the blue van oustside of school. This was the kind of friend that was a pain in the ass, that told lots of lies such as"my dad met the Undertaker and beat him up" Anyway, none of us believed him. Because I didn't believe about the clowns, I made fun of my friend and told him I knew he was a liar.

The next week my friend hadn't been as school. Yet again there were rumours that he had been kidnapped by these clowns in a blue van. I thought this was very funny. That was until we went to assembly. Sitting on the floor with my friends we were having a laugh until the police walked in. They were there to make all the children aware that if they see clowns in a blue van offering sweets, or saying that they know your parents etc we should get away from them and tell an adult At that moment my heart sank. All I could think of is my friend and that he really had been kidnapped.

For the next few days me and my friends were very anxious and scared. Then at lunch time one day we sneaked out to the the corner shop next to our school to spend our lunch money. As me and 2 friends came out of the shop, pulling up in front of us was a blue van with tinted windows. Well I almost crapped myself. I remember just running as fast as I could home to tell my dad. When I got home and told my dad. He said not to worry as the news said that the police had caught the men.

A week later I saw the blue van again and it turned out to be a delivery van for the shop. I remember feeling really silly at that point. Things were getting back to normal and we weren't scared anymore. We were just sad that our pain in the ass friend was still missing and that the teacher wouldn't tell us what had happened to him. We thought this was because it must have been so bad that the teacher didn't want to frighten us.

This was a true story and it was on the local news. I must tell you though that my friend returned to school a few weeks later. He had had the whooping cough and had been in hospital as it was quite severe