View Single Post
Old 1st November 2011, 10:09 PM
Cult Rookie

Watched the first Human Centipede film Sunday afternoon. (Not watching the sequel until I can get my hands on an uncut version - damn BBFC and their scissors. )

I actually thought it was quite a good film, although it left more to the imagination than I was expecting it to. Minimal blood and gore. That said, I suppose the concept in itself is revolting enough...

And Dieter Laser as the madman... didn't have to say or do anything to scare me. Just his face was terrifying enough!

Interesting to hear Tom Six say in an interview on the DVD that this would be like My Little Pony compared to the sequel (and having read the spoilers for the second film, I believe him!). I dread to think what'll be in the third film!

Also watched Rob Zombie's 're-imagining' of the classic Halloween last night. Interesting film, especially the first half consisting of a sort of 'mini-prequel' involving Michael's childhood.
If I said this film was better than the original I'd be lying, but it is amazing in it's own right. Good to hear the original creepy music, as well. Glad that the gore level had been increased (the violence never really let up from the very beginning). Good little twist in the film, as well (despite the fact I figured it out halfway through). And Scout Taylor-Compton was as cute as ever.
The only thing that irritated me about this film was Laurie's friends - I was glad when Michael disposed of them because they were really bloody annoying.
All in all, a very good film, but the original will always be the best.