Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1970's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=552)
-   -   Roberto Bianchi Montero's So Sweet, So Dead (1972) (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1970s/1756-roberto-bianchi-monteros-so-sweet-so-dead-1972-a.html)

Philleh 21st October 2009 02:11 PM

Roberto Bianchi Montero's So Sweet, So Dead (1972)

Camera Obscura have announced their follow up release to Terror Express, Roberto Bianchi Montero's Rivelazioni di un maniaco sessuale al capo della squadra mobile.

Known also as So Sweet, So Dead , the film follows the hunt for a serial killer who is offing adulterous wives of an affluent community in a Southern Italian town.

The film stars Farley Granger and features genre favourites Femi Benussi and
Luciano Rossi.

http://img5.imagebanana.com/img/b4g4y6vw/nackt.jpg

This will be Part 3 of the Italian Genre Cinema Collection and is due out Feb/March 2010. This release will follow the tradition of being English friendly!

More details on features etc when they arrive!

alex s 24th October 2009 01:33 PM

Glad to see it getting an official release, will definitely be picking this one up, a very under rated giallo which seems to be missed by a lot of people.

off to dig out my pre-cert of so sweet so dead for tonights viewing:woot:

bdc 24th October 2009 05:53 PM

Will be picking this up too as I pick up every decent giallo release! :)

Camera Obscura 5th January 2010 07:58 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are some screenshots from the first minutes of the film (= spoiler-free):

Philleh 5th January 2010 09:08 AM

Looking NICE!! :biggrin:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 5th January 2010 06:50 PM

Any confirmation of a release date yet? I'm going to be all over this like ants at a picnic! :happy:

Camera Obscura 5th January 2010 09:02 PM

We're planning to release it in February. Hopefully this plan works out...

g053584398 6th January 2010 08:51 PM

I love the look of your releases but I just wish they were at a lower price point. They do look superb though.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th January 2010 09:33 PM

Looking cool indeed!:cool:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 6th January 2010 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camera Obscura (Post 56422)
We're planning to release it in February. Hopefully this plan works out...

That's great news! :happy:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 6th January 2010 10:09 PM

Real collector's items these.Expensive,but worth it.

I just ordered Terror Express from OMG,but realised they had bugger all stock.They've took payment and I WAS allowed to put it in my basket,so surely I'll get one.....:pray:

Camera Obscura 7th January 2010 08:05 AM

Well, the price is fair, I think. At least it was totally normal some years ago. These days, with dwindling quality and everybody kicking out everything without much love put into it at a super low price, it might seem higher than average.

You know, we need to make a profit to go on the way we started (and we don't want to change that), so we need to keep a price like that. Of course, importing German discs from other countries adds a lot to the original price, which is a problem we are very aware of. We're working on some kind of solution to make our discs more affordable for foreign collectors, but it's not an easy task.

Bear with us!

Philleh 7th January 2010 09:36 AM

Anyone who owns one of the discs will confirm that these releases are worth every penny.

Anyone who hasn't got one should spoil themselves with one this year, then you'll be gagging for the next release - honestly. So much TLC goes into this releases and it shows.

Anyone who recently got stung with the release of Massacre Mafia Style (like moi) will see that a high price doesn't always mean top-quality; these releases do :)

Plus the Euro is kicking ass at the moment! Grr :)

g053584398 7th January 2010 01:57 PM

I salute you for the work that you do with regards to your obviously very high quality releases. The remark that I made concerning the price point was an observation, rather than criticism.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th January 2010 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 56635)
Real collector's items these.Expensive,but worth it.

I just ordered Terror Express from OMG,but realised they had bugger all stock.They've took payment and I WAS allowed to put it in my basket,so surely I'll get one.....:pray:

If not reaps, I think Kult Video have some in stock. :nod:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th January 2010 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Philleh (Post 56683)
Anyone who owns one of the discs will confirm that these releases are worth every penny.

Too right! I have all of them (so far) and the quality is apparent throughout every release.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 7th January 2010 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camera Obscura (Post 56678)
Well, the price is fair, I think. At least it was totally normal some years ago. These days, with dwindling quality and everybody kicking out everything without much love put into it at a super low price, it might seem higher than average.

You know, we need to make a profit to go on the way we started (and we don't want to change that), so we need to keep a price like that. Of course, importing German discs from other countries adds a lot to the original price, which is a problem we are very aware of. We're working on some kind of solution to make our discs more affordable for foreign collectors, but it's not an easy task.

Bear with us!

As I said mate.Well worth it.:thumb:
I still haven't opened my Last House on the Beach....:rolleyes:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 7th January 2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g053584398 (Post 56713)
I salute you for the work that you do with regards to your obviously very high quality releases. The remark that I made concerning the price point was an observation, rather than criticism.

Same with me go.
It wasn't a criticism.:thumb:

These are items any serious collector should have.
I've paid a lot more for dvds of lesser quality.

g053584398 7th January 2010 09:26 PM

Understood Reaper, and I didn't take any of it the wrong way. I like to think I can sense the mood of a room, and this one is very friendly indeed!

Mbarr 22nd January 2010 04:47 PM

The original Sazuma releases were superb, it's great that Camera Obscura are picking up & continuing this fantastic line, Terror Express is a fantastic package, can I ask if you'll have Italian Languge/English subs for the forthcoming Inferno release?

Gojirosan 22nd January 2010 04:53 PM

I wish I could afford all these luscious looking Gialli releases! That artwork is stupendous!

:cool:

Philleh 24th January 2010 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gojirosan (Post 58990)
I wish I could afford all these luscious looking Gialli releases! That artwork is stupendous!

:cool:

That's what Christmas and Birthdays are for! :thumb:

bdc 15th March 2010 02:21 PM

Pre-ordering has started at OMG as well.
http://www.omg-entertainment.nl/inde...ex&language=en

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th March 2010 05:39 PM

As I've got the rest,I suppose....:rolleyes:

Philleh 16th March 2010 05:54 PM

like you could live without this one fella!! :thumb:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th March 2010 06:07 PM

:lol:
Yeah,you've got a point pal...need to start watching and stop collecting!:biggrin:

Philleh 16th March 2010 06:14 PM

Well... without collecting you wouldn't have anything to watch!! :cool:

bdc 21st April 2010 09:02 AM

- street date: April, 27th
- specs: German + Italian audio, (optional) German + English subtitles (for feature + bonus)
- audio commentary with film journalists Christian Kessler + Marcus Stiglegger, interview with composer Giorgio Gaslini, English trailer, animated French photo novel, booklet with liner notes by Christian Kessler
- DigiPak with cardboard sleeve (limitied to 2.000 pcs)

"The DVD is now being replicated, and the disc should be out as planned!" :)

bdc 5th May 2010 09:44 PM

Yes,yes,yes! :woot:
It's in the shops!
Can't wait to get my hands on this one! :dance:

According to what I've read it's another fantastic release.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 5th May 2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 77710)
Yes,yes,yes! :woot:
It's in the shops!
Can't wait to get my hands on this one! :dance:

According to what I've read it's another fantastic release.

Me neither b. If only I could stop drooling over hardboxes long enough... :rolleyes: ;)

bdc 6th May 2010 07:07 AM

Could be there's a very limited hardbox (repack) of this one coming?
Terror Express had one.
Just happy it's finally available (and the digis are beautiful).

Philleh 6th May 2010 08:21 AM

Been looking forward for this one too, can't wait to get it.

bdc 10th May 2010 07:24 PM

First reviews
http://www.avmaniacs.com/review.php?id=1372
http://10kbullets.com/reviews/s/so-s...quadra-mobile/

Btw I think OMG shipped all pre-orders today.

JAMIOUSE 10th May 2010 08:30 PM

This is a title Shameless should really release, I'm very tempted to get this DVD. Very tempted!

Camera Obscura 14th May 2010 05:03 PM

Then you should get it... and help our cause (so we can keep on releasing these). :)

Philleh 14th May 2010 05:20 PM

Damn right, cracking release that'll warm any cult-fans cockles!

bdc 17th May 2010 11:16 AM

Mine arrived today! :dance:

gnorthcott 18th May 2010 04:07 PM

Absolutely stunning little package.Mine arrived this morning.Cant wait to watch it tonight,it also looks awesome with the other releases.Having heard that 'wild beasts' is on the cards i cant wait to see what other titles camera obscura rescue(cough cough hopefully more gialli and crime cough cough)

g053584398 18th May 2010 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camera Obscura (Post 79407)
Then you should get it... and help our cause (so we can keep on releasing these). :)

It would be good if you could sell these direct to your customers, as opposed to through retailers, and that way we could enjoy them for a reduced price.

bdc 18th May 2010 06:16 PM

Watched it last night,a short review will follow. ;)