Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1970's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=552)
-   -   JAWS Steven Spielberg 1975 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1970s/3184-jaws-steven-spielberg-1975-a.html)

pedromonkey 29th July 2010 07:09 PM

i am ashamed to say i only saw Jaws for the first time only 2 or 3 years ago, bloody good film though!!!!!!!!!!

Stephen@Cult Labs 30th July 2010 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 94711)
i am ashamed to say i only saw Jaws for the first time only 2 or 3 years ago, bloody good film though!!!!!!!!!!

As well you should sir! :lol:

TheCoroner 30th July 2010 02:31 PM

Great film. I also remember going as a kid with my family to Universal Studios,CA and seeing their Jaws attack set that they had up - where the shark launches out of the water at the tour tram. :) Good Times

the blob 30th July 2010 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoroner (Post 94837)
Great film. I also remember going as a kid with my family to Universal Studios,CA and seeing their Jaws attack set that they had up - where the shark launches out of the water at the tour tram. :) Good Times

That's loads of fun, although I was a big 30+-year-old-kid when I went, haha. Also get to see the Psycho house and a whole load of other stuff too. :)

TheCoroner 30th July 2010 03:03 PM

As a kid going to Universal to see the Jaws shark was as good as going to Disneyland for me! It's just too bad Universal Studios keep having backlot fires that destroy so many great locations (like the Town Square from Back To The Future).

the blob 30th July 2010 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCoroner (Post 94860)
As a kid going to Universal to see the Jaws shark was as good as going to Disneyland for me! It's just too bad Universal Studios keep having backlot fires that destroy so many great locations (like the Town Square from Back To The Future).

At the risk of going too far off topic, the Terminator 3-D show was unbelievable too. By far the best 3-D I've ever seen. Got to make it to the Orlando one sometime as it's only 4 hours away but ti just doesn't seem the same as it's not actually Universal Studios. I've been to Disney World but there just wasn't enough time to do both.

Splatterdragon73 2nd August 2010 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gigantor (Post 94078)
Yeah that was for JAWS 2
Here is the cover....

Nice one!

Going back to Jaws documentaries, i'm sure i still have a VHS recording of Jaws:The True Hollywood Story screened a few years back on Sky channel E!Entertainment.

There was also a BBC equivalent called In The Teeth Of Jaws i taped off TV back in the late '90s and quite good it was too.

The making-of documentary featured on the Jaws DVD is of course, another masterpiece on Spielberg's Shark smash and whatever happened to a later celluloid variation on Jaws's history entitled The Shark Is Still Working?

I knew i'd regret getting rid of the Bio channel sooner or later! Is there a chance any kind soul here could possibly do me a DVD-R copy of this most recent Jaws tribute mentioned previously?:)

Nordicdusk 15th March 2015 04:05 AM

Not only is Jaws one of my all time favourite films and along with Halloween its my most watched films. It still feels fresh and tense to this day and with such an amazing Blu Ray it really brings the film even more to life. Robert Shaw , Roy Scheider and Richard Dreyfuss all put in amazing performances. Quints story about the Indianapolis is as chilling now as the first time i heard it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMl1NbR0h_A

Demdike@Cult Labs 15th March 2015 03:00 PM

Have you seen the made for tv movie Mission of the Shark?

It's about the USS Indianapolis and what happened to the ship and crew. It stars Stacy Keach, Richard Thomas and David Caruso. Despite being a tv production it's well done and certainly worth seeking out.

Nordicdusk 15th March 2015 03:13 PM

Not seen that but i will keep an eye out for it cheers.