Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1970's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=552)
-   -   Your Favourite Horror Film from 1976 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1970s/5236-your-favourite-horror-film-1976-a.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th April 2011 12:15 PM

I watched Who Can Kill a Child? on Monday and completely forgot about this thread! It is a really impressive film with superb performances by the two leads and some extended sequences with real tension and an air of creepiness that doesn't exist in many films. The child actors are surprisingly good in giving off an air of malevolence that is unlike the children in Village of the Damned as they are so clearly bloodthirsty. 4/5.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th April 2011 05:54 PM

Glad you enjoyed it, Nos. It's certainly pulls no punches, and is superbly written, acted, and shot.

Does it beat Carrie to your no. 1 spot for 1976?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th April 2011 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 144631)
Glad you enjoyed it, Nos. It's certainly pulls no punches, and is superbly written, acted, and shot.

Does it beat Carrie to your no. 1 spot for 1976?

I don't think anything can be your favourite film after one viewing -- maybe in a couple of years?

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th April 2011 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 144634)
I don't think anything can be your favourite film after one viewing -- maybe in a couple of years?

True.

I'm just all for displacing Carrie, after airing my grievances a few posts back! :D

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th April 2011 06:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 144638)
True.

I'm just all for displacing Carrie, after airing my grievances a few posts back! :D

I would like to displace Carrie, especially when she wears her slave girl outfit. :eyebrows:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th April 2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 144644)
I would like to displace Carrie, especially when she wears her slave girl outfit. :eyebrows:

Even though I'm not really a fan of that particular Carrie either, I had to 'Like' your post just for making me laugh! :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th April 2011 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 144638)
True.

Hey, we can't agree on everything -- imagine what these forums would be like if we all loved Showgirls and Grease 2!

Demdike@Cult Labs 20th April 2011 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 144661)
Hey, we can't agree on everything -- imagine what these forums would be like if we all loved Showgirls and Grease 2!

Whats up with Showgirls ?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th April 2011 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike (Post 144707)
Whats up with Showgirls ?

Nothing in particular -- it's enjoyable trash, but it does have a slightly misogynistic subtext.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th April 2011 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 144661)

Don't let Stephen hear you say that! ;)