View Single Post
Old 12th November 2011, 12:07 PM
Cult Acolyte

Location: From the bowels of Newcastle Upon Tyne he came....to collect DVDs and BRs!
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs View Post
I also liked Dalton's portrayal of Bond. Craig playing Bond just doesn't feel like Bond.
At the time of his 007 stint, the whole world and it's wife had the knives out for Dalton but in retrospect many now consider his peformance of a more maverick Bond to be one of the franchise's best. I just wonder how many of those now praising Dalton were also the ones complaining about him back in the day. I concur on Craig's contribution too and i still think he's not an ideal choice for the role.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark meakin View Post
Timothy Dalton was my favourite. Lazenby was also better than lots of people make out in OHMSS & he could've been really good had he stuck with the series. OHMSS is in my top five & has one of the finest scores ever.
According to an interview with Brian Trenchard-Smith in the latest issue of The Dark Side, Lazenby was only too well aware after the fact that he'd dropped a major career clanger by forsaking any further appearances as Bond. I also agree OHMSS does indeed boast a superb score.