View Single Post
Old 15th November 2011, 12:04 PM
Cultist in Training

Well, I did it. I ordered the Shameless dvd from Amazon (dvd simply because I'm likely to be watching it through my fingers & squinting, so hi-def would be a waste). It was actually just after I'd ordered the uncut AWE release of House On The Edge Of The Park (sorry Shameless ) that I felt a little hypocritical (and cissy if I'm honest) of my avoidance of CH. Surely I'm Man enough to sit through this now? Surely?

I've fannied around long enough (several decades in fact. There's procrastinating commitment for you). Either watch it or forget about it. It's probably the only video nasty (for want of a better phrase) that I've yet to see*, despite it's wide availability. Baz Luhrmann wrote "Do one thing everyday that scares you". So I'll watch CH... one day.
I'm sure it'll be a particularly gruelling watch for this lifelong RSPCA supporter (probably not a post Sunday roast viewing) and I'm not sure when it'll get an airing (this from someone who has new films in the player fresh from posties delivery), but my "review" should make interesting reading. Expect classic literature along the lines of "Gross!" "Barf!" "Sick b*stards!!" "Sob!" "No!! Not Porky!!"and "Blarrghhhh!!".

* Cos of the animal violence