Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   The 1980's (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=553)
-   -   Night of the Demons 1988 (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/1980s/12106-night-demons-1988-a.html)

Susan Foreman 17th March 2014 08:27 AM

2 Attachment(s)
How can you possibly fail with this scene in HD?

keirarts 17th March 2014 09:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 397000)
How can you possibly fail with this scene in HD?

One of the bonuses to the more zoomed in widescreen version. ;)

JamesN 6th June 2016 03:58 PM

Been in love with this one ever since I was about 16, when my friends and I were having a sleepover and we sent one of the gang out to the video store to pick up THE EVIL DEAD. He wasn't a horror movie guy, the kind of fellow who probably wouldn't have known the difference between Michael Myers and Leatherface . . . we ragged on him mercilessly when he came back with NIGHT OF THE DEMONS instead of what we wanted.

What the hell. We paid for it. So we popped it in the ole' VCR . . .

. . . and we loved it. Nearly thirty years later, any time my friends and I get together, we're still quoting it to one another at every opportunity ("Stop looking at me!"), and we all own it on Bluray.

One of the 80s' best trashy horror flicks. So much fun!

Demdike@Cult Labs 6th June 2016 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesN (Post 492933)
Been in love with this one ever since I was about 16, when my friends and I were having a sleepover and we sent one of the gang out to the video store to pick up THE EVIL DEAD. He wasn't a horror movie guy, the kind of fellow who probably wouldn't have known the difference between Michael Myers and Leatherface . . . we ragged on him mercilessly when he came back with NIGHT OF THE DEMONS instead of what we wanted.

What the hell. We paid for it. So we popped it in the ole' VCR . . .

. . . and we loved it. Nearly thirty years later, any time my friends and I get together, we're still quoting it to one another at every opportunity ("Stop looking at me!"), and we all own it on Bluray.

One of the 80s' best trashy horror flicks. So much fun!

It's a regular viewing around Halloween for me. I've never seen the second film but Demon House isn't bad either.

Zach Zeman 23rd June 2016 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs (Post 492949)
It's a regular viewing around Halloween for me. I've never seen the second film but Demon House isn't bad either.

The second film is absolutely fantastic. It's my favorite of the trilogy. It combines all of the fun from the first with the bizarre subgenre of nunsploitation.

Demdike@Cult Labs 23rd June 2016 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zach Zeman (Post 494982)
The second film is absolutely fantastic. It's my favorite of the trilogy. It combines all of the fun from the first with the bizarre subgenre of nunsploitation.

It certainly sounds interesting.

Cinematic Shocks 23rd June 2016 10:51 AM

I need to give this a re-watch, as it’s a good time 80’s horror movie. I’ve never got around to the two sequels although I do have 2. I had the misfortune of seeing the remake for the first time not so long ago.

Zach Zeman 23rd June 2016 12:47 PM

Sister kicks it old school.
Someone made this video taking all of the best nun clips from the second movie. It's really worth a watch.